Want to serve in this ministry? Click here to download the application.
Want to serve in the Production Ministry? Click here to download the application.
Our weekend services require many volunteers who give sacrificially of their time and serve with a desire to worship the Lord and bless His people. The worship ministry consists of stage participants and production ministry volunteers. Our role as a ministry is to communicate the message of God’s truth without distraction. Our stage participants consist of our musicians and vocalists, and our production team consists of various media forms including audio, video, lighting, graphics, and staging. Whether the work is done on stage or behind the scenes, our desire is to give glory to God with the various gifts that He has given us.
When we stand face to face with the reality of Jesus Christ, fully God and fully man, taking our place on the cross because of our sin, our hearts should overflow with conviction, motivation, and thanksgiving. Our worship is fueled by the cross and the forgiveness that comes from a relationship with Jesus. Therefore, we want to maximize our passion for God’s greatness in our own hearts and in the world that we live in. Our church gathers to worship God on Sunday and scatters the rest of the week to worship Him wherever He has placed us. We want to equip our people to live lives of worship where Jesus Christ is put first in hearts, minds, and actions.
The worship ministry of Harvest Bible Chapel exists to help our people experience the sufficiency and express the supremacy of Christ in all things.
Worship is the term we use to cover all the acts of the heart and mind and body that express the infinite worth of God. This general term is made more specific in our “worship services.” We sing songs, bring tithes, hear and obey God’s Word, and reorient our lives based on God’s infinite worth.
We plan our weekend services around five key priorities:
- Bible saturation: the content of our singing and praying and welcoming and preaching will always conform to the truth of Scripture. God’s Word is the ground of all our appeal to authority. (ISAIAH 40:8)
- Head and Heart: Our service will appeal to clear thinking about spiritual things, and seek to kindle hearts with deep, strong, real emotions towards God with these truths. (MATTHEW 22:37)
- Reality: Our services will have the atmosphere of a radically personal encounter with the God of truth. We will avoid all pretense and posturing, all flippant, superficial frivolity. We will pursue reverence, passion, and wonder. (Psalm 96)
- Transparency: We want all stage participants to disappear and allow the greatness of God to shine through. Our trust is in our Message, not ourselves as messengers. We actively avoid shoddiness and lack of preparation as well as distracting finesse or refinement. (PSALM 115:1)
- Contemporary: We celebrate different time periods of musical expression, not for the sake of appeasing demographics, but to show how the glory of God transcends personal taste. (MATTHEW 13:52)
Interested in serving in Harvest’s Worship ministry and want to learn more?
Contact Pastor Chris Moeller at email@example.com.